17.4.12

Home Theatre Tuesday (April 17, 2012)

Each week, we bring you a quick run-down of what's out on DVD so you don't miss the hits and you can skip the misses.


Don't even rent it: The Divide
I'm a bit of a germaphobe (or so I'm told; I think my constant hand-washing and sanitization are more than justifiable). Old places, basements and unfinished room also sometimes gross me out because they've collected years of dust and germs (you can laugh, but I'm sure some of you completely understand). I hadn't really realized that The Divide took place in an old, unfinished, apartment basement when I saw the trailer. Even still, I could get over that, but over two hours, this movie just grew to become more and more disgusting, beyond poor hygiene into physical human cruelty, emotional torment and ultimately societal corruption and despair. This movie left me with such a feeling of disgust that no amount of soap could wash away.
Read the rest of Michelle's review on Thursday.

Also out: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Supposedly the most intense installable in the Mission: Impossible series. When a bombing causes the IMF to shut down, Ethan Hunt and his team are out again, this time to clear his organization's name in what seems to be the most dangerous mission of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment