Each week, the Filles bring you some of our favourite films finds of the week—news, reviews, features, interviews, tweets, new releases, etc.—just in case you missed them.
REEL GREAT READS
- Venom Movie: How to Please Fans (IGN) - With talks of a Venom-centred movie, IGN makes some suggestions to the filmmakers on how make up for what Spider-Man 3's Venom lacked.
- Topher Grace Edited The ‘Star Wars’ Prequels Into One 85-Minute Movie and We Saw It (Slash Film) - Very cool. Very geeky. We wish we saw it too.
- Jason Segel Says He Won’t Write or Star in The Muppets Sequel (Collider) - If you loved The Muppets, this is sad news. If you loathed The Muppets (but really, who did?), you wouldn't see the sequel anyway. Seems like a lose-lose situation.
- Hasbro's 'Ouija' Movie Returns to Universal, Set for 2013 Release (The Hollywood Reporter) - The found-footage movie about the evil "witchboard" (note: 1986's Witchboard also featured a plot around Ouija) is back in the works! And it sounds amazing.
- Silent House - Elizabeth Olsen plays a girl trapped in a house. Something's trying to get in. Or something's trapped in there with her. It may be supernatural. It may not be. We don't really know what's going on, but that's the fun in it.
- Friends with Kids - Although we already know what Emily thinks of it, the film follows two friends who decide to have a baby together, because that's what everyone else has been doing and it seems to be working out. It also features much of the Bridesmaids cast.
TRAILER OF THE WEEK: On The Road
Life literally "on the road" for a bunch of young people in the American in the 40s, based on Jack Kerouac's mostly autobiographical book of the same name. Filmed in Montreal and Quebec, it looks beautifully set, styled and written.